Monday, August 22, 2005

no more bucks for starbucks suckaaaas

Nothing quite like waking up in the morning, a cool breeze blowing and having a nice cup of coffee... mmmm it's really one of those things that makes life just that much more special. I love the taste, the aroma, it makes me feel all happy inside and I smile more when I drink it. Little things like that get me excited and keep me amused. Now just missing a little lovin early in the morning. ;)

Oh yeah, I totally figured out how to not let starbucks rip me off anymore!! Now if you just want a cup of coffee and not some freaky overpriced milkshake you'd most likely order an ordinary latte or something, but you'll still end up paying like what $2.50 or so? That's just lame, don't ever pay that again! So what I do is usually order just a single espresso shot and ask them if they don't mind steaming some half n half, milk or soy on the side. The trick is to make it sound like you really just want a few drops to add yourself (you don't want to leave any room for them to realise that they are actually about to serve you a regular short latte) they'll usually just end up steaming a good 2/3 of a cup of whatever it is you want which is usually more than enough for me anyway, I like it strrrrong. It get's really good right about now as when you are about to dig into your wallet to pay you'll see the nicest little numbers flash in green on the cash register and will not be able to hold back the biggest smile as the cashier says "That'll be 65 cents please."!!!!!! What did I tell you? Little things keep me amused!

9 comments:

DCveR said...

A Krupps machine at home keeps the nearest Starbucks away from our pocket. The problem starts the moment you are too far from home. Sooooo, you get an espresso machine to your office too. If you have friends who also love coffee 'work' them into buying their own espresso machine too. In a while you'll be in no need to spend your money on Starbucks.

Kristina said...

Haha! I remember you doing that w/ me.

I wonder if I should ask for a steamed chocolate milk for a mocha!

Miss M said...

Well yes, I do agree that having your own machine is the way to go but unlucky for me NOBODY has yet purchased my dream machine!! The marjority of my caffein intake is produced in one of these which makes a perfectly decent espresso. Really, it's only on busy busy days that I succumb.

DCveR said...

I know those stove-top espresso machines, we do own a few of those in fact. But there is nothing like a real high pressure espresso. Anything that brews coffee bellow 15 bar is not enough.
If you ever come to Portugal you'll understand what I mean.
Great coffee in every corner for as less as 50 Euro cents (something like 60 US cents)

zupa said...

God... I just love resourceful people

Kristina said...

$500?!?!?!?!!? SHIT!

It's no wonder no one has bought that for you!

Find one under $50 and I will 'think' about it.

Miss M said...

hee hee,
there's no harm trying yer luck now ;)

Kristina said...

Hahahahaha!!! I don't think that Elliptical will fit in your 2 suitcases!

But the pants? Now those are in my budget!

Miss M said...

well see I was thinking, those thing can usually be disassembled, soooo maybe if I didn't bring anything else with me it could fit!:)

ahem ahem, perrty sure size medium :D