Monday, March 14, 2005

Bewaaaaaaaare, the grooooooooove!

Listening to that pretty song Vas did - "Can't Breathe" - just pretty. He's really not too bad - when he gets it right he gets it pretty right, but eeeeeeee, god help us when he gets it wrong ....

Aargh! I've lost my groove! Ooh it's my fault, my fault. I love the thought of being on vacation and just doing nothing for a good chunk of time... and of course being on it and in the moment it's a breath of fresh air, proof of God's exsistence in allowing some solace and peace in a world so mad and frenzied :) - but then I hate it at the same time. These past few months I've worked hard to stabilize myself amidst everything that's going on, you know, get into a routine and have all my modes of self discipline kept in check etc. Now that my vacation time is over I find myself struggling once again - sigh. But I'm determined! I shall get my groove back and be all the groovier for it!

Hmmmm speaking of grooviness. While in Sacramento (visiting Mike and Kristina and my new baby niece, Altea - oh I have to post pics! remind me please!) We actually went roller skating (yes skating not blading!) at a roller skating rink and I did get to actually FEEL groovy! They played good ol' 80's hits and we even spotted a few oldtimers getting jiggy with it. It was great fun! The last time I used skates like that was when I was a die-hard-skater-queen at the age of 5 (Mike back me up!) I was such a tomboy as a kid that I wasn't afraid to scrape my knees raw as I attempted never attempted before stunts on my 3 sizes too large sister's skates. (that might have not made sense, ahem - NO my sister wasn't three sizes too large!!) Before long I owned my OWN set of eight wheels - in fabulous florescent yellow and blue - from that moment on I was the queen and I was awesome! The 90's hit, skates went out and roller blades were all the rage! My obsession peaked and I tore through 3 pairs of inliners, and maybe 6 sets of wheels and bearings in just a few years, forget shoes or walking anywhere! Fresh green grass?? give me smooth concrete!!! Well, end of the story, believe it or not the day came that I sorta grew out of my tomboyish daredevilishness and my acceptance of bruised and bloody knees so I'm not very awesome anymore, oh well! It tugs at my heart, but I have decided to trade in my skates, that have traveled with me to three continents, for an electric fondue pot and espresso machine! Ole'!

Anyway, I am working on getting my groove back... I'm just lazy and hate the challenge. Blah. It's been done before so it can be done again.

PS. I haven't forgotten to mention what we discussed in our "meeting", it's just that as usual no conclusion was made. in just a few minutes we are about to go for part deux so I better go lend my ears and doodles. sweet dreams.

2 comments:

nobody said...

You are the dancing queen....

Miss M said...

Well, just the queen! :)