Friday, June 10, 2005

This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic!!

I know I've been a bit out of touch lately, been busy trying to keep myself from going insane that's all :) No really, it's just been awfully hectic and proof of this fact - I am up, attempting to post something on my blog at 1am... we'll see what happens. I shall first enjoy myself a glass of wine on this gloriously quiet eve. I love this time of night! The noise of children and life in general has subsided, I just hear the subdued sound thunder in the distance from the passing storm,(oh yeah, it snowed, in friggin' JUUUUUUNE! but just a wee bit) and the humm of the dishwasher.

Part one of thie weeks madness started when Dominique and I took on the painting-the-house challenge! It's been fun, I've given over to my urge to express the 'fauvist' side of me - a bit to my muther's dismay, she wouldn't have us painting the house wineish-burgundyish red... that was to be kept to the confines of my bedroom. Let me tell you, it is now one FINE looking room. Property value itself has most likely increased if not doubled! I am very pleased with the outcome. I just hate detail! I love to twirl around with the roller and brush, set the paint to the wall in the most absurd and (most likely) wrong way possible, I like to get all messy, but I hate painstakingly attending to the trim, the skirting boards and then CLEANING UP! UGH! (I was raised with maids, I tell you it's not my fault!!)

The rest of the house is white and beige, nothing to expound on there other than THAT was deathly painstaking to paint. boring.

It's been a funeral, house make-over, ballooning, kids, and then just trying to stay on top of my own 'battles' - working out, staying sane, and just trying the heck to figure my life out this week. ecch. I even failed in my little 'determination' endevour this week, wtf is my problem?!

/sigh, hopeless, sleepy, 'under-the-influence'... no wine and computer for me aaaanymore! I do and say stupid things.

oh well.

Good night!

5 comments:

nobody said...

The wine and thunderstorm sound good.
You write well.
I think you're cute.
Send pics of the red red room?

mig.moon said...

Pics are must, please do.

Miss M said...

how about pics of me with wine in the thunderstorm!

mig.moon said...

Alrighty! Now we´re talking!

Kristina said...

Yes, where is this room???

Me so so curious!