Thursday, June 02, 2005

Is there life before death?

Funeral today... my first... how do I feel? not sure. I think I'll start feeling something when we get there, though I am pretty sure it will, quite obviously, be along the lines of pensive/sad and solemn/funereal. /gulp

Topaz is coming to do the singing, which I am very looking forward to. I'm impressed that she is still around! Sometimes seeing the oldtimers who have stuck 30 or so years, through thick and thin, lifts your trust and assurance just a notch that maybe we are living for something real!

Death is so momentary,
Just a step beyond the veil.
I'll see you from my side
And hold you through the nights.
Meet me in your prayers, my darling.
You know, I will still be here.
Our hearts are one in Him eternally.

But don't you cry for me
More than a moment, please,
Though some time must pass 'tll we will meet again.
Oh, don't you cry for me
'Cause I'll be headed Home,
Flying in the light of a brand new life,
No cares of earth to way me down,
I'll be in Heaven.
Don't cry for me.
...it's just real hard not too

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Of course we are. We are all pieces of life's great plan. And even if one lives longer than another, we all contribute to a greater result.

Kristina said...

I hope you are doing well Emma. I haven't seen you online all day. The funeral must be all consuming. xoxo