Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Happy 28th oh sister of mine.

Just two shy of 30! Why do people get depressed about getting older, especially when they are still pretty young? Growing up is awesome! I mean, I still feel like a kid 99% of the time, maybe I just haven't yet had the whole merge into adulthood yet er sumthin'. Though I am thinking that could quite possibly be my nature and not something I am necessarily going to grow completely out of, is that possible? I could be 50 and skipping through the house instead of walking? I hope so. Wouldn't want to loose my pony-gallop... hmmm oh it's hard to describe really... something I figured out when I was 4 or so. Emma?? walking?? Yeeeeah right.

My sister and I are different that way. She's ALWAYS acted like the mature, responsible older sister she is and I have ALWAYS acted like the silly, crazy, irresponsible little sister I am. I don't think she ever had a hint of the same personality so I'm just thinkin' that maybe some people are destined to grow and become bonafide adults and some quite possibly aren't (?) Beats me really.

Now, I know there is a line there... somewhere. Of course we all you know, grow up and mature (or SHOULD!!)being too irresponsible and too childish are of course bad qualities as an adult having not yet crossed that ominous "maturity" line. But in completely abandoning your childlike side one can actually see how that can make aging depressing. I just think if you are young at heart, getting older isn't all that bad. At least you are having a good time getting through life, so who really cares about those numbers?

Happy Birthday! Be happy! Life is great!

4 comments:

Kristina said...

I thought I would be skipping at 50 too.

Just you wait. Soon your hips will be popping out and you will be walking with a limp.

Oh wait. That only happens when you have babies.

Kristina said...

PS: I don't think you are immature at all. You have a passion for living and that is a quality that should be very much respected.

nobody said...

The pony gallop!!!!

Miss M said...

ahaha... well fortunately for me.... (grumble grumble) I already HAVE great birthing HIPS, so I'll be saved from that.

Luchi did I ever show you?