Friday, July 21, 2006

I need you to go


or stay - either way.
stupid heart.
it's time to put you in a box and there you shall stay.
i'll hide you where no one can find you, not even me.
you do me no good, you're worthless and cruel.
...but what if that's me?
i don't want you, go away, i already know what you do.
you tempt me, taunt me with your magic in your voice.
the sound is so sweet but the sweetness turns sour.
but i follow, i go, i believe there's no harm.
but look now the pieces, they're all shattered behind me.
you've never been right or is it me who is wrong?
if you give me no reason to think you can guide,
don't try to convince i am worthy to love.
you're fleating, a phanthom, yet you pose so sincere.
please leave me in peace, i don't like how you feel.
...though maybe I do I don't like what you do.
why must i hurt others, please hurt me instead
with endings so tragic, i can't handle the shame.
hush, fade away, go to sleep, go to sleep
all I want is to live not knowing you're there.

silence

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You reminded me of one of my favorite quotes.

“What do you first do when you learn to swim? You make mistakes, do you not? And what happens? You make other mistakes, and when you have made all the mistakes you possibly can without drowning - and some of them many times over - what do you find? That you can swim? Well - life is just the same as learning to swim! Do not be afraid of making mistakes, for there is no other way of learning how to live!”

Have confidence! It's okay to fail. You wouldn't be the first one to do so. ;) As long as you learn from your experiences, and try to act with dignity and kindness, you have nothing to be ashamed or afraid of.

Miss M said...

Ambie, thanks for your comment, but I've looked at your blog a few times too and I'm seeing that it's so easy to feel sorry for myself and think nobody knows my pain. I think I am the one who doesn't truly understand pain or loss. I get mild doses now and then but who am I kidding? So many go through fires way hotter than I have ever know. I suppose we all have our melting points, though as much as I think I have I don't really think I've been through too much hardship. "knock on wood", you could say, but I'm sure it'll come for me one day.