Tuesday, September 06, 2005

of a pineapple and a coconut. aloha.

First weekend here starts with a bang, woot! My thoughts are, even if everything goes to pot at least I'm gonna have some good times and make some memories - might as well. We went out dancing Friday and Saturday night, movies Saturday and Monday, lazed around all Sunday, barbeque Monday, more lazing around interspersed with watching DVDs, drinking and eating. Oh and for the barbeque we made the BEST Pina Coladas ever! I am not exaggerating, we really went all out and they rawked! We bought a fresh pineapple and coconut, it was all very amusing as half everyone there had never opened or tasted fresh coconut ever. So opening the nut was highly entertaining and even more so when people came out to savour the meat and milk only to discover that on it's own it's really quite gross and tasteless. It was a let down for many and I think their fantasy of being stranded on a desert island, living on coconuts alone, was pretty much shot.

Anyway, as the major ingredient to our never-been-made-before-concoction it added that needed pizazz not found had we only used coconut cream, plus the fresh pineapple and the WHOLE bottle of rum (compliments of our in house alcoholic whose solution to any discrepancies during the mixing was "too sweet? Just add rum! Too much pineapple? Just add rum! Too much rum? ADD MORE RUM!!!" Note: we are trying to find a kind home for him.) Success! The masses heartily agreed, or at least I think they did nodded there heads emitting unmistakable sounds and slurs of satisfaction as they stumbled over for more. The food was great (thanks to my bro who somehow discovered the secret to enlightenment through food! Yes, he's really that good a cook!) the people were fun, and the people were happy.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

I can honestly say that I was one of the few who enjoyed the raw coconut meat! I was also one of the few who were wasted. And yes, Mike's cooking is da bomb!! I think I'm rather spoiled actually.

Toast to the pina coladas and the rum!

Miss M said...

we're totally doing multiple versions of martini next time!!

Kristina said...

Hahaha! Dang. With you here, I'm gonna be wasted every weekend!!

Well, it's truly unavoidable. With my tollerance down like it is, just one drink gets me drunk!

Miss M said...

YOu better believe it Kristina!;)

Ahhh, you noticed my dimples!! I'm kidding, but I did used to have a complex about them and would try really hard not to smile too much or too big.

Kristina said...

You we're self conscious of your dimples??? But they are so cute! Everybody wants dimples!

Emma, you so crazy!