Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Beat That My Heart Skipped (De Battre mon coeur s'est arrete)


I'm sorry but that is such a ridiculously impressive name for a movie! and so much so that I am going to go watch it tonight! Yes yes, watching French Films. Sigh, sounds sooo romantic. Haha, helloo it's just gonna be a great movie ...
" Think of film as the quintessential artform of the last century--a medium for expression uniquely suited to our Modernist Yeatsian decomposition, what with its malleability beneath the knife, as it were, cut and spliced back together again as the un-spooling literalization of some patchwork Prometheus. Likewise, in its 24 flickers a second, it's an illusion of life, teased from the amber of still photography, drawing, painting; mixed with symphonies; blended with dance and movement; enslaved to the syncopation of words and imaginary drum beats. It's a miracle, a golem, capable of illuminating the rawest humanity in one stroke and of exhuming the most abject failure of human impulse in the very next."


Well ok fine, going out to watch really good french Films IS pretty romantic

Latest: It wasn't a very well made FRENCH film at all - there was NO nudity or any steamy sex scenes - I dunno, but as far as I know there is no way you can have a French made movie with no nekkidness. Oh well.

PS. I'm kidding, it was really an interesting character study.

4 comments:

mig.moon said...

The Emma?? Romantic??

No way!

heh...

Have a good time!

Miss M said...

hey!! what are you implying?? I too am romantic (ish)!! Well I can be... sometimes. I think I like the thought of romance than romance itself, all to often it's just too cheesy.

Anonymous said...

LOL that description is great.
patchwork Prometheus
Modernist Yeatsian decomposition
enslaved to the syncopation
HUZZAH!

mig.moon said...

I thought the trailer was interesting... we'll see.