Friday, June 11, 2010

21.5.800

A challenge.

I'm always down for a good challenge. Especially if it's anything to do with getting the emotions flowing, the energy balanced and the mind clear. I'm not an especially talented or eloquent writer, but it is something I enjoy and an activity that I can pin down as beneficial to the soul. Yoga and writing help me make sense of the mumbo jumbo that passes through my brain constantly. Yoga to loosen the emotional blockages, and writing to release the pressure. I'm not great at it, but that's okay. I don't do this for anyone's entertainment, I do it for me. That said, I would like to be a better writer, and seeing technical improvement, because it is nice to feel good about what you spend your time doing. My sister read me a quote the other day that didn't resonate with me until just a moment ago.  I'll let it speak for itself.

 Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly -- until you can learn to do it well.❞ - Zig Zigla

 I'm starting to think everyone feels rather insecure about their creations. Music, art, writing. We're afraid others will not appreciate what we've made because it tends to arise from the secret and hidden places in our souls. Places that are afraid of disapproval, rejection and withdrawal.  We become vulnerable through specific combinations of words; to make poetry, through a contemplative placement of colour to paper; to make art and through a sequence of musical notes and sounds; to make music. It's quite remarkable when you think about it, yet it is this that we are made of and what our reality consists of. Life is just one subjective experience of art - whatever that means to you personally - and the more honest and vulnerable the better.

2 comments:

florecita said...

I can't wait to read your stuff!

sonialee said...

I love your writing.