Saturday, October 28, 2006

Dedicated to Luchi, incase she thinks she's forgotten...

I'm skipping out on Halloween oartying this weekend, not feeling the great organization of ready made, expensive costumes this time. Besides I don't think my style would really fly, or perhaps it will fly more than I'd be ready for. I'm letting this one pass, I'm not American enough to CELEBRATE whatever it is we're celebrating just yet. Hell I didn't even know what candied corn was till yesterday. (people looked at me funny, I smiled inwardly) I think if one grows up with traditions it just comes naturally to dedicate a day to candy and poorly made outfits with the same price tag as a good pair of jeans. Someday, someday.

So yesterday I had the day off, went to breakfast with Teresa and for a change I didn't famously order those huge platters that I think I can finish and never can. When it comes to breakfast I ALWAYS think I can eat a pile of pancakes that takes half to plate, 2 sausages, 2 bits of bacon, 2 eggs, toast and potatoes. It took some restraint but I actually only had potatoes, an egg and 2 sausages. I ATE IT ALL!!! HURRAYY!! hehe. I think it has something to with the fact that I'm kinda bad these days... I see buying as food as such a waste of money so I try to spend as little as possible and usually try to get all my nutrients into one meal. Yep. One meal. Stop glaring! Hey, this is the first time it's just me taking care of me, so I think I am allowed to go through the process of learning how to not die... you know eat and stay alive, that kinda thing. I'm working on it!!!

Oh a few good things lately. So we walked around downtown yesterday, the weather is so beautiful right now. Just a little crisp and coldness to the air. Leaves are starting to fall. To me it's definitely the season to be in love. (This is nostalgia speaking.) All those things that makes fall so special are the things you want to do with someone you love. So I suppose it makes me a little sad as it's making me feel cosy inside but it's also times like these that I wonder how many times I've taken the special ones in my life for granted. I know we can only learn this after the fact, after we've lost or after we've caused hurt and it's hard to just accept. The awesome thing about the future is that ANYTHING can happen. It's easy for me to look back and reminisce at what once was, but I'm learning it does me no good. I'm going forward to the future this time, going to become the type of person who I'd admire, that's the plan anyway.

I have an interview to serve at a very high-end restaurant called Lucca (french/mediterranean) next Wednesday. I'm really quite nervous as I haven't been a server that long and the place where I am currently working is a little bit relaxed and anything goes. If you want to toss the guests plates on to the table you probably could. No not really, I guess there's just a lot of etiquette that I haven't been taught and nobody's really cared if I knew the winelist or not. So I know nothing about wine and am about to give myself a crash course, which should be interesting if nothing more than an oportunity to conquer my ignorance and a happy time winetasting! :) Finger's crossed I get the job as the money will be so much better, but if not it will just make me a better sever where I am now. So either way. But... please, the way I want!!

So this actually started as reply to an email from Chris (gasp! I actually was about to write SOMEBODY!!!) who is currently in Greece for the rest of the year! Let's all take a moment to be very very jealous................ But passed the first paragraph I decided I needed to turn it into a blog. Oh wow. I'm writing a blog! Am I? Really? Sweet!

Carpe Diem. I'm alive and there's a world out there that's missing out on me, so I think I'm gonna go see what the hell it wants!! I'll be around. Don't worry about me, I haven't forgotten you!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Bah, I should have gotten this epic blog as a response instead of the POS you sent me! You owe me an email now. =P

Fall is for sure the season to be in love, I am sad that I am missing it back there.

Excellent job with the proper food intake! I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. The lack of chinese food will probably be good for us both health-wise.

Your interview will go GREAT at Lucca. Don't be nervous! When I get back you can teach me all I need to know about wines. =)

Don't forget to buy some candy to give to the kiddies! Even if you don't celebrate there's no reason to not spread the good cheer.

Off to eat....we have like 10 meals a day here. I'm gonna burst!

mig.moon said...

- So I suppose it makes me a little sad as it's making me feel cosy inside but it's also times like these that I wonder how many times I've taken the special ones in my life for granted. I know we can only learn this after the fact, after we've lost or after we've caused hurt and it's hard to just accept. The awesome thing about the future is that ANYTHING can happen. ... -

"...with time you learn that if it’s too much, even the sun’s heat will burn. So you plant your own garden and decorate your soul, rather than waiting for someone to bring you flowers.

You learn that you can endure, that you truly are strong, and what you’re truly worth, you learn and learn... and with every day, continue to learn...

With time you realize that although you may be happy with your friends, you will someday cry for the ones you let go.
With time you realize that each experience lived with each person is unrepeatable."

-- Jorge Luis Borges --

Miss M said...

ssWow, I'm taking it back - I guess I am in love afterall... Jorge Luis Borges is my man. Too bad he died. "plant your own garden and decorate your soul, rather than waiting for someone to bring you flowers." - so true, yet so hard to live. Myabe I have a case of "what goes around comes around", ey Mig? :(

Chris, I maybe got through half the paragraph before I had the thought that I've been neglecting all the special people in my life. Sorry, you're not specialer, so blogs for you just the same :) I don't know how "epic" this is except for the fact that it is a blog post. hehe.

Anonymous said...

I swear, I thought I was in someone else's blog and that there was another Luchi in the world. It took me a full minute to realize that it was actually YOU and the Luchi is actually ME.

I'm already nostalgic for a cold christmas, even though I've only had 3 in my life, and I'm nostalgic for fall even though in Chile they're always depressing.

Yea, there's a whole world out there missing out on you, and missing you too.

Kristina said...

Luchi-- How did you think you were in somebody elses blog??

Emma-- How come your comments never make any sense?

Mig-- That quote was beautiful. I really wish I could be that poetic.

Emma-- You've been eating only one meal a day since I met you over two years ago! If it weren't for Jason and I forcefeeding you whenever you were in one of our care, you would be half dead by now. Eat! Eat! Eat! Or I WILL start mailing you food!

Kristina said...

PS: Emma-- You may be too old and non attached to Halloween to celebrate, you must admit the kiddies look very cute in their little poorly made costumes!

Buy some candy in case they come a knocking. And pray that they don't so you get more to yourself!