Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Oddities of the ordinary.

I'm a blogger at heart, I think. :) I've come to the conclusion that people can sap me dry emotionally and I turn into an empty shell, I just exist. So by the same token, It's important for me to take charge and disassociate myself from people who effect me negatively. Not easy when you're already limited in the friends market, tho it's really not terrible seeing that I'm really a bit of a loner anyway. I do get lonely occasionally and I do look for companionship occasionally, but I don't need constant attention to stay satisfied. Really really. So, I'm more relaxed, more concentrated, happier... than I was for sure but it's still an upward climb!

So, the urge to get back to this has once again set in and I'm rediscovering the joy I once had in going throughout my day imagining JUST HOW I might express something that I'd experienced that day, in words. It's always a challenge to capture the full emotion and essence, but that's the beauty of writing. Having a blog seems to help me keep focus on certain aspects that I'm thinking about a lot and work through them, like concentrating on untangling a knot. Now, I'll let you in on the formula to untangling a knot... Emma-style, it's proven to be effective each and every time. :) Step 1: First off you need to idiotically shake the wire or string around, starting off gently and calmly but working your way up to furiously. all the while being oblivious to how much worse you're making it - still *hoping* to loosen it. Do this for about 8 - 12 minutes non-stop and if anyone says anything to you just glare at them and tell them you know what you're doing. Step 2: Once said person leaves the room get really really mad! Cuss and swear at it and let it know good and hard how fucking annoying it is, make sure you jump up and down a few times too as you're talking to it - let it know who's boss!! Step 3: Sit down. Take 5 -7 deep breaths, and resume steps 1 - 3 Step 4: After you're about to give up *forever* sit down again, carefully focus on the mass of a knot that is at least double what you started with and slowly begin disentangling it. Voila!!! You're done!

Oh that's SO me!!

I'm studying my wines as I'm writing this and are they confuuuusing! There are so many variables depending on age, region, percentage of certain grapes etc etc. How anyone can REALLY say they know about wines is incredible, but I guess that's why certified wine experts are allowed to be arrogant cuz in actuality they are not human at all but GOD'S! :) I haven't yet had the pleasure of visiting our most famous "wine lands" here in California after being here a YEAR!! That's unacceptable I'll say! I'ma have to find myself some cool peeps who'd like to roll with me, taste a ton of wine and get lost in the vineyards at sunset. :) So wish me luck! Interview tomorrow at Lucca!! May the gods smile on me.

8 comments:

athenianstyle said...

Good luck, good luck, good luck!!

Miss M said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! :)

gcomnz said...

no way do i sap you dry, sap you dry, sap you dry ;D

Kristina said...

God is good and good is god. I love wine. I'll go tasting with you and if you let me drive I can guarantee we'll get lost somewhere.

Miss M said...

let's do it!!!! time and date please.

Anonymous said...

Ur perfect so I don't know why they wouldn't hire you.
Have you watched "sideways" yet? If not, do it with a nice bottle of red and you'll find yourself having one heck of an evening.

mig.moon said...

buena suerte!

Miss M said...

Oh my!! What a great idea Luchi! I just need you to come up and visit so we can watch it all cozy cozy. :)

Well the interview got postponed till Friday it seems............. darn, more days to fret. Ah well, we=hatever happens happens.

Thanks for the well wishes!!!

No Marcus, you don't sap me dry, sap me dry, sap me dry :)