Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Sweet Tears

Sunshine through the raindrops falling.
Smiling though your heart's been crying.
Sunlight beaming through the shadows of the tears of your soul.
Through tempest winds and winter storms.
Still stained with tears bloody and scarred.
Your trudging on to the sun.
Whispering softly, "It's all done."

The soul would have no rainbow had no tears filled your eyes.
Falling raindrops colour the skies.
The diamonds of a broken heart are tears crystallised.
And sunlight sparkles in those teary eyes.

As storm clouds part and darkness fades.
Sunlight springs new life again.
Little flowers after the rain tell of beauty through the pain.

- David Angelo

You should listen to that song.

4 comments:

crazynik said...

I remember when he wrote that song...I was 12 and he was my teacher...
I loved it then and still love it now

Miss M said...

He's an amazing song writer! Really one of the best. This song is one of his greats, beautiful and always makes me a little teary.

mig.moon said...

Unique talent, I enjoy almost all of his compositions... this one and back to the maker in particular.

:)

gracias

Liz said...

ha. i remember when i had that bootlegged and would listen to it on my walkman. My favie..