Wednesday, June 14, 2006

fin

One week in Mexico came and went. I spent about 4 years there so it's like home to me in many ways and even though I've been away for some time going back was as if no time at all had passed... at all. I was on a bit of an emotional roller coaster the first day and a half. Overwhelmed, happy, surprised, excited, relieved, sad, angry, drunk - hehe, no not quite. (listing off my emotions - hey I'm a pisces we're well acquainted - the order was accidental but is somewhat ironic too) Ask Mig and Angie, I was shaking when they came to get me from the airport and then it was tears pretty much on demand if too much went on. Kinda weird, never had that before. First few days I hung out in Tepoztotlan with the Luna's and 60 something other people (aha, the culprit!). Tacos, beer, cards, walks, mexican market, mailbu, going through old pictures, old memories.

This was somewhat of a significant visit for Migs and I. I haven't seen him since before this blog was created and we didn't have that closure, or just the forgiving and forgetting. I left almost all my stuff in Mexico and he held onto it for me, bless his soul that he didn't burn it all :P Danny and Luchi had given us two bottles of wine from their trip to Chile a few years back and we said we'd drink it on a special occasion. This visit was that occasion. Sitting on the floor, light sprinkling rain outside, a song by Snow Patrol came on - Run - and the two bottles of wine (hey they were tiny "two glass" bottles!) needed to be opened to toast to life, love and our future... as friends. We forgave, we cried, took turns toasting with each sip till it was done. It was sweet and sad, so many flashbacks of our adventures, the good times, the bad times... now only encased in our memories. The realization of something that once was being no more is sad, but one can't look in remorse over "if I only had". We'll keep pressing on to our futures and the new horizons before us. Mig, I'm thankful I still have you as a friend. I hope you find the best cake recipe ;)

Thursday, was off to the Zocalo for LUCHA LIBRE MASKS!!! (We're wearing them to the opening of Nacho Libre, so stay tuned) Had some AMAZING tacos, soaked in some Mexico City pollution and then off to Tasquena by metro to catch the bus to Cuernavaca. Even with the traffic it was a lovely drive. I love that particular drive, so picturesque and peaceful - tho I highly recommend taking the old road vs the highway. Arrived that evening at the breathtakingly beautiful property that is home to my dearest friends, Danny and Luchi (+ more) Relaxing in the pool, drinking on the roof, taking advantange of every photo op possible, searching for tacos (not the luckiest trio are we), cutting hair, being followed home by kittens, world cup, frapuccinos, spankings (j/k) and much more. I had so much fun and so much talking!!!! Felt nice, I don't get to have those long conversations about life - too busy I guess. I love you guys! Thanks for being you, for being there, for not forsaking me :)

light up, light up

8 comments:

mig.moon said...

Have heart my dear
We're bound to be afraid
Even if it's just for a few days
Making up for all this mess...

will always be here... no lo olvides!

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful having you. Life is so much fun when ur around. xoxo

Kristina said...

Have you not told him about my Triple Chocolate Rum Cake????

Sheeeeesh man.

mig.moon said...

where you at chiquilla?

let us see some pics!

:)

Miss M said...

Thanks Loxy. Honestly, this post said maybe half of what I hoped to say but for some reason no more would flow. Maybe some of my sentiments prefer staying inside rather than becoming decorations on my blog. I think I sufficed quite sufficiently :)

mig.moon said...

I never seem to be able to hold back, but even then; I usually end up doing so ince I only ever have half of what is going on figured out.

I hope that's a good thing. :)

Miss M said...

well, yes, it's better to speak on a matter when you have it figured out, Mig. But thats still different to blaring something's that are just meant for you and you alone, as Loxy said. Sometime's it's better to count to.... hmmm maybe a couple of months before you blurt stuff out because it takes time for things to develope and become what they really are. I get so wrapped up into feeling like I need to communicate every little feeling and emotion right away, that I am learning sometimes you get into less trouble if you just keep it to yourself for a while and really know what it is... yourself. This really has nothing to do with what I meant about keeping things for you... hmmm perhaps God speaking through me to any pisceans out there who might be experiencing the side effects of being 20-something. (You know we need it said AS IT IS :D)

mig.moon said...

apples of gold...

gracias for sharing.

:)