Wednesday, February 22, 2006

instantly I am nothing

sometimes an instant passes and your eyes are opened
sometimes in an instant you realise everythings' changed
in an instant what was is no longer, no more
sometimes it's that instant you hope goes away
but it's here, right now, right here - you can't escape

must you remind me again of what I don't have?
must you so quickly intrude only to leave me alone?
if you have such effect can't you answer my question?
I can't handle not knowing, not understanding completely
you cracked open a door, when I wanted my darkness
now that I see it, I'm not sure I can keep away
you fascinate me with your warmth and your light
but the cold, in the cold it's much safer, less risky

oh why must I think? it hurts me, such pain
can't I be content with nothing and less?
why must you remind me? the damage is done
and then... it came, it stayed, it passed, life goes on
but it haunts my heart, my soul night and day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you know, I don't believe the damage is ever done... unless you allow it to be. Danny always remindsme that I haven't failed unless I stop trying, and as we always say, it's all temporary, right?