Monday, August 16, 2010

Rameau’s Nephew

❝Rain or shine, it’s my habit, about five of an evening, to go for a stroll in the Palais-Royal. It’s me you see there, invariably alone, sitting on the d’Argenson bench, musing. I converse with myself about politics, love, taste, or philosophy. I give my mind license to wander wherever it fancies. I leave it completely free to pursue the first wise or foolish idea that it encounters, just as, on the Allée de Foy, you see our young rakes pursuing a flighty, smiling, sharp-eyed, snub-nosed little whore, abandoning this one to follow that one, trying them all but not settling on any. 
In my case, my thoughts are my whores.❞

--Denis Diderot

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been gone, I quite enjoyed your posts.

Miss M said...

My thoughts are tied up in helium filled balloons.

Anonymous said...

Need a pin?