Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Boxes of thoughts and bundles of words I would like to say. I'll hold them close and tuck you away into the darkest corner of my mind. You are never to be said nor seen nor heard by anyone that would care. Moments of time that will not survive the night. You come to me so strong, preying on vulnerability, but you are nothing more than a siren of feeling. You lure me in, and yet I know if I follow then I will only meet a more despondent state than I experience in this moment. We've been here before, you and I, but you know? We're all each other has. In the end we are alone, fighting the ghosts of what appear momentarily so important.

No one cares. We don't even care. We just think we do. It will soon pass and we will return to that much more common human state of indifference.